EAB Engineering has participated and contributed with development of well-known tie-in systems within the subsea industry since the 1990`s, covering a range from 3" to 30" pipe connections.
All this experience is built into the latest generation of EAB Connection System, which is a field proven design showing successful connections.
The most important characteristics of the connection system are
- Single bolt Clamp Connectors with a long track record are used
- EAB connection system can be used in both vertical and horizontal applications.
- High alignment capacity handling both positive and negative pitch in combination with yaw angles.
- The standard application handles 5° misalignment in all directions, and a 15° pitch misalignment application is also available
- No heavy or advanced tooling is required, no hydraulics left behind
- All tools are carried and operated by ROV
- After the flowline/jumper is landed, a complete Tie-In sequence is performed by ROV carried tools with no assistant by crane.
- The same hub intervention tools are used on inboard and outboard hubs
- The Clamp Connector can be fixed either to the inboard or the outboard structure according to need and preference
- The Clamp Connector is removable/installable subsea
- Facilitates full insulation of the clamp connector area and the pipe sections running through the Inboard and Outboard structures
- Cover nominal sizes from 6” to 30” spools
Easy operation and confirmation of sufficient alignment and successful connection.
The tool spread includes:
- Cleaning and inspection tool
- Seal replacement tool
- Stroking Tool
- Tool Basket